It’s hard to believe that the summer season is moving so quickly! Still, there’s plenty of time to fit in a family vacation or extended weekend getaway. While this is the perfect time for many, to enjoy some relaxation, it’s always a good idea to keep safety, and these tips, in mind during travel time.
• Never post travel plans on social media, like Facebook or Twitter.
• Remember to have all home deliveries like mail, newspapers and packages stopped for the duration of your trip, or have a neighbor or friend you trust pick them up for you.
• Plan on taking minimal cash with you and use credit cards and traveler’s checks while away.
• Set up automatic timers in your home to switch lights and the radio or television on or off throughout the day.
• Ensure that all doors and windows to your home are closed and locked before leaving, and set the alarm if you have one.
• Take notice of stairwells and fire exits when you check into your hotel room.
• Ask the front desk clerk at the hotel if there are unsafe areas to avoid when sightseeing.
• Only take what you need with you for the day and avoid displaying large amounts of cash when making a purchase.
These timely tips, combined with a healthy dose of common sense, will help ensure your vacation memories land squarely in the fun column!
Content courtesy of Central Carolina Hospital.