Sanford is a great place for family-friendly activities, attractions and destinations. Throughout the years, our residents have worked together to create a strong community culture, that includes a fun, safe, and welcoming atmosphere for all ages. There are plenty of opportunities for our children to participate in activities they enjoy.
The Sanford Area Soccer League is a soccer organization that provides instruction and leadership for youth players in Sanford. It includes both recreational and travel teams to fit a wide variety of players’ skills and needs. Along with diverse levels of soccer, the Sanford Area Soccer League has experienced coaches, who are dedicated to helping each player succeed on and off the field. The league enhances the skills, endurance, and character of hundreds of children each year.
Along with the Sanford Area Soccer League, Sanford has numerous other sporting and recreational activities for children, including organized leagues for youth baseball, softball, basketball and football.
Here is a small sample of all the activities and programs available for Lee County kids.
- Brick City Martial Arts helps children build confidence in themselves through empowerment of martial arts.
- The Dancers Workshop, Sanford School of Classical Ballet, Sanford Storm All-Star Cheerleading Association, and Sanford Academy of Gymnastics & Cheer LLC, all help children become more active in their community, meet others with similar interests, and establish a strong sense of teamwork.
- The Deep River Sporting Clays provides family-oriented outdoor experiences and shooting education and training.
- The Lee County YMCA has plenty of camps, clubs and activities in the summer and year round that help kids enjoy nature and much more.
- Our area parks and gyms also feature swimming pools and other programs that encourage fitness and outdoor activity.
Sanford is also the home of fun and family-friendly game nights at Kendale Family Bingo and the Kendale Lanes bowling center. Parents and kids are able to play together, while enjoying their families in competitive but relaxing environments.
When it’s “quiet time,” the Lee County Library is always a great place to start. Our library has over 25,000 items specifically intended for children and teens, including books, magazines, audio books and DVDs. The library also has Story Times for young children and access to computers for kids aged 3-to-12.
Our many schools in the area also do a great job of offering plenty of clubs and extra-curricular activities that cover a lot of subjects.
Ready to see your children’s imagination run free, all while building character and community? Come see what Sanford has to offer!