Central Carolina Hospital has announced plans to rename area physician practices that are staffed by hospital employees, as a means of strengthening the association and overall brand identity of the hospital’s service offerings in the region. Physicians and staff providing care in 10 practices in Sanford, Broadway and Pittsboro will become part of the broader Central Carolina Physician Practices group, and each individual practice name will change to reflect this structure.
From the time Central Carolina Hospital joined Duke LifePoint in January 2016, the hospital has embarked on a steady progression of initiatives to enhance health and wellness services in the region and heighten awareness of the hospital’s legacy, community involvement and existing health & wellness services for Sanford-area residents.
Regarding this latest progression, Central Carolina Hospital CEO John Maxwell notes, “The new names reflect our commitment to provide our patients continuity and coordination of care by highlighting a clear connection between the physician practices and the hospital. We’re pleased to share this new identity structure with our community. Only the practice names are changing. Patients will receive the same high quality care as always, with the same physicians and staff and in the same locations.”
The names of the Central Carolina Physician Practices will change as follows:
- North Carolina Community Family Medicine will be known as Central Carolina Community Family Care
- Sandhills Family Practice will be known as Central Carolina Sandhills Family Care
- Family Health Associates of Sanford will be known as Central Carolina Family Care
- Central Carolina Surgical and Mid-Carolina Crossroads Surgical Clinic (combining the two offices but keeping the current locations) will be known as Central Carolina General Surgery
- Carolina Internal Medicine will be known as Central Carolina Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine Associates will be known as Central Carolina Internal Medicine Associates
- Sanford Surgical Specialties will be known as Central Carolina Urology
Central Carolina Cardiology is CCH’s newest employed practice, and the first to operate under the new Central Carolina Physician Practices umbrella. The naming transition officially takes place on August 1, 2017.