The Lee Country Parks and Recreation is motivated to creating a healthy lifestyle for its citizens. The parks and recreations in Sanford, NC fosters a sense of community and enhances the quality of lives throughout the city. There are many opportunities for citizens to discover recreational opportunities like family parks, walking and biking trails, camps, and sports for all ages.
• The San-Lee park is a local park that is located at 572 Pumping Station Road and it offers many amenities like hiking trails, mountain, mountain bike trails, a Nature Center, playground, picnic facilities, campgrounds and two lakes for fishing. Also, the park includes paddle boat rentals that are offered seasonally.
• The Kiwanis Family Park is located at 1800 Wicker Street, which has volleyball nets, playground area, greenway, walking trials, picnic area, and gazebo. The prices for the shelter fees are located on the Lee County Parks & Recreation website at leecountync.gov
• Depot Park is located in the grounds of the Railroad House in downtown Sanford, NC. The park provides a unique opportunity to discover the downtown area while communicating, playing, and meeting others.
• Tiny Tots is a recreational program that is aimed towards teaching three to five year olds social and recreational interaction. The children learn how to listen to directions, problem solve, and think critically. For more information call 919-775-2107 Ext. 4207.
• At San-Lee Park there is an outdoor education program that focuses on the wildlife and environment in North Carolina. The program has different levels of education that can tailor to certain ages and interests.
• Children’s Dance Classes are supervised and interactive dance classes that are designed to promote the environment through different types of dance, which include both tap and ballet. For more information call 919-775-2107 Ext. 4207.
• Art Classes are also a great way to introduce basic art concepts and techniques to various age groups. There are different class scheduled to help fit your child’s needs and the location is in the Bob E. Hales Recreation Center, 147 McIver Street. For more information, email email@example.com
• The Happy Day Camp is created to help involve individuals with special needs to the community with recreational activities. The camp also includes sessions for different age groups. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• At O.T Sloan Park, there is an 18-hole disc golf course. There are no fees to play at the park, except during disc tournaments. For more information on games and participation, contact Chuck at 919-718-0850
• The Lee County Senior Games gives adults over the age of 55 the opportunity to communicate and meet people in Sanford, NC. The participants compete in a similar style to the Olympics as well as visual and literary art events. The registration site is the Lee County Enrichment Center on 1615 South Third Street.
Sanford, NC has many parks that offer a great deal of hiking trails, fishing lakes, and picnic areas. Also, along with the educational and recreational programs, there’s endless opportunities to learn and play!