Those searching for sources of entertainment in Sanford have so many options to choose from! Whether your interests are in the arts and music, or you prefer to spend more of your time outdoors, there are a variety of plays, concerts, and activities for residents of any age to enjoy.
Arts and Events
• The Temple Theatre is a professional theatre and it is Lee County’s biggest year-round attraction. The theatre offers drama, musicals, live bands, comedies and many more themes. Visit templeshows.com for show times and prices.
• The Frank Theatres Spring Lane Stadium 10 is a movie theater that has current and up-to-date films along with a standard concessions of food and drinks.
• The Lee County Community Orchestra is on its twenty-ninth season of bringing people together through music. The members of the orchestra are all from different age groups and present free performances to the community.
• The Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center holds many events throughout the year that range from bingo nights to karate matches. These events help build together a sense of community and togetherness with the people of Sanford.
• The Tobacco Road Golf Club offers an 18 hole course, and was honored by Golf Course Architecture as one of the world’s Top 100 Golf Courses. Tobacco Road is located at 442 Tobacco Road and for any questions contact 919-775-1940.
• The Carolina Trace Country Club is one of the finest golf communities in North Carolina. The Country Club has lakes, activities for all ages, and championship golf on two courses. Other amenities include tennis, swimming, and dining facilities. The Carolina Trace Country Club is located at 2100 Country Club Drive and for any questions contact 919-499-5121