Active residents and visitors love spending time in Sanford. Whether you enjoy spending time outdoors, or prefer to soak up local culture, there’s so much to do in Sanford.
Lovers of the outdoors can satisfy their urge to be outside with a round of golf, or spend time on one of our local parks. And if the weather isn’t cooperating, you can always learn more about this and the surrounding areas’ history at museums and landmarks throughout Lee County!
• The Tobacco Road Golf Club offers an 18 hole course, which also has other amenities offered to patrons like carts and a clubhouse. The Golf Club is located at 442 Tobacco Road and for any questions contact 919-775-1940.
• The Carolina Trace Country Club is one of the finest golf communities in North Carolina. The Country Club has lakes, activities for all ages, and championship golf on two courses. Other amenities include tennis, swimming, and dining facilities. The Carolina Trace Country Club is located at 2100 Country Club Drive and for any questions contact 919-499-5121
• The San-Lee park is a local park that is located at 572 Pumping Station Road and it offers many amenities like hiking trails, mountain, mountain bike trails, a Nature Center, playground, picnic facilities, campgrounds and two lakes for fishing. Also, the park includes paddle boat rentals that are offered seasonally.
• Depot Park is located in the grounds of the Railroad House in downtown Sanford, NC. The park provides a unique opportunity to discover the downtown area while communicating, playing, and meeting others.
• The House in the Horseshoe is a museum, also known as the Alston house, which is a plantation house owned by Philip Alston, who was attacked by the British loyalists in 1781. The architectural gem offers a wide range of attractions from artwork to history education.
• The Historic Railroad House is a museum that has public tours of historic sites for children and other parties of the railroad.