February is American Heart Month. This year Central Carolina Hospital, long-time sponsors of our Wellness Wednesday column, is making special note of the calendar and celebrating with its 29 Days of Heart. That’s right, leap year gives us all an extra day to be mindful of all the ways that heart health can lead to extra years of quality living.
It’s important to treat your heart well and do everything you can to ensure that it stays healthy for the long run. CCH’s 29 day program has tips, ideas, information and more to help travelers on a heart health journey. Daily visits to www.centralcarolinahosp.com provides folks with valuable information, including recipes, exercise ideas, essential info, warning signs and fun facts that can lead to a heart-health lifestyle.
Complements of Central Carolina Hospital, here are some meaningful tips to help you take optimal care of your heart:
- Establish healthy eating habits
- Engage in regular physical activity
- Know your family medical history
- Understand the warning signs and symptoms of heart attacks
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stay on top of numbers like cholesterol and blood pressure
- Ensure that you’re getting enough sleep and
- Eliminate excess stress